Grab My Button

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tNtwpsb_8EU/Tjw18KKH4VI/AAAAAAAAADE/gn-vmpuFXaw/s1600/blog+button.jpg

About Me

Ohio
I am a twenty-something newlywed looking to add order and purpose to our new life and post-wedding home. Join me as I attempt to work my way through organizing, cooking, decorating and DIYing. I am in no way an expert, or even experienced, at any of these things but I am determined to give it all a try and hoping someone out there can read it and either be amused/comforted by my shortcomings or give me some tips for the future.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gourmet Gadgets

We had friends over for dinner last week so we could try out some of our new loot from the wedding.  The menu included:

*chips/pretzels with three types of dip (french onion, roasted garlic hummus, and pimento chip dip).
*flying saucers (sloppy joes with cheese made in the triangle sandwich maker)
* frozen peach champagne cocktail
* Nutter Butter Frozen Peanut Butter pie

It was delicious and so I'm going to share some of the recipes with you.

First the pimento chip dip.  It doesn't sound very good, but I love it and so did everyone else.  It is one of the recipes I got from my Aunt Lynn at my first bridal shower.


Ingredients:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 jar Pimento Cheese
1 Tbsp. Minced onion
1 Tbsp. Chopped Olives
1 Tsp. Olive Juice

Mix together and enjoy!

Next up we have the Nutter Butter Frozen Peanut Butter Pie.  I found this recipe on Food.com  Here.  It was delicious and cool on such a hot day!


Ingredients:

Crust

  • 24 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
  • tablespoons butter, melted

Filling




  • 1 To make crust*, crush the cookies in a zipper style plastic bag with a rolling pin, or in a food processor.  I used my new food processor and LOVED IT!




  • 2 Mix cookie crumbs with butter.




  • 3 Press into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.




  • 4 Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.


  • 5 Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.


  • 6 Spoon into crust.


  • 7 Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm.


  • 8 Let stand 1/2 hour or until pie can be cut.


  • 9 Garnish with remaining whipped topping and additional cookies if desired.


  • 10 Special extra: Just before serving, drizzle chocolate flavored syrup on plates.


  • 11 *If desired, omit Nutter Butter cookie crust and use an oreo crust instead.





  • Yumm!

    I have no pictures of the cocktail, but it was tasty enough that I'll share the recipe anyways.  I also found this recipe on food.com.  It is a Rachel Ray recipe and you can find it here  We decided to make this because we wanted to use our Magic Bullet.  However, after we made our first cocktail (a test run before the guests even arrived) the Magic Bullet wouldn't work anymore.  We were so disappointed!  I don't know if we're going to return it or what.  So we had to finish the cocktails in the blender (boring).  At least they still tasted good.

    Ingredients:


  • 1/4 cup sugar, to rim glasses




  • pint peach sorbet




  • 2 (1 1/2 fluid ounce) shots triple sec, Grand Marnier or Cointreau liqueur




  • 750 ml chilledchampagne, 1/3 bottle or 750 ml sparkling wine, to fill blender 1/3 bottle




  • Blend and drink up!





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment