Grab My Button

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tNtwpsb_8EU/Tjw18KKH4VI/AAAAAAAAADE/gn-vmpuFXaw/s1600/blog+button.jpg

About Me

Ohio
I am a twenty-something newlywed looking to add order and purpose to our new life and post-wedding home. Join me as I attempt to work my way through organizing, cooking, decorating and DIYing. I am in no way an expert, or even experienced, at any of these things but I am determined to give it all a try and hoping someone out there can read it and either be amused/comforted by my shortcomings or give me some tips for the future.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Place for Mail

Next to the desk, the area of our home that tends to be the most unorganized is our kitchen table.  This is due solely to accumulating piles of paperwork/mail.  I had these two hanging organizers in my old classroom and decided that instead of moving them to my new school, I would keep them for home.  I got them when I worked at Pier 1.  They were marked way down and by the time I added my employee discount I couldn't pass them up.  I had my lovely husband hang them on an empty wall in the kitchen next to the table.  Not sure if I love the location yet, but it seems to be working.  So I started sorting the paperwork into the six pockets provided by the organizers.  All was good and the table was clear of mail.

  However, while I knew and could remember what each pocket was for, hubs could not.  I pondered for a while how I could label the pockets in a neat and functional manner.  Fabric marker?... not neat enough.  Stick-on labels?... will eventually fall off.  That's when I stumbled across these Avery printable iron-on fabric transfers at Wal-Mart.  Perfect.

 I spent about an hour online searching for FREE printable customizeable labels.  I finally settled on pantry labels that I found on Better Homes and Gardens website.  I added my text (Aaron, Ali, Bills, Coupons, File, and Outgoing) and printed them off.  The Avery fabric transfers came with WONDERFUL printing and iron-on directions.  Make sure to follow them to a T.
Printed Labels
Cut around the labels
 
Iron on lables



Finished Product!


 So there it is!  There is now a place for each piece of mail that comes in or goes out of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment